FFR examinations help avoid unnecessary cardiac stent placements and reduce the risk of myocardial ischemia and infarction.
Fractional flow reserve (FFR) is a great invasive tool for the management of coronary artery disease. This tool has proven to be an extremely useful addition to a physician’s toolbox, leading to improved patient outcomes and reduced healthcare costs. With heart stents being overused in the healthcare industry, controversy has surrounded that the physicians are being more selective while considering stents. Furthermore, with the introduction of new drugs in the market, there has been a modest decline in the instances of stenting. Such trends have increased the use of FFR technology to help physicians determine the need for stenting for each patient.
One of the major challenges that cardiologists face is the ability to discriminate between lesions that can cause myocardial ischemia and lesions that are physiologically insignificant. This is where FFR examinations help avoid unnecessary cardiac stent placements and further reduce the risk of myocardial ischemia and infarction. By offering customized services, Infiniti’s market entry solutions help manufacturers in the FFR market analyze business risks and identify investment opportunities.
The Business Challenge
A global chemical manufacturer was facing challenges understanding the market penetration and usage of fractional flow reserve (FFR) technology in the target region. The client wanted to assess the market landscape in terms of the utilization trends, price trends, competitive assessment, supply chain analysis, growth drivers, and challenges.
Our Research Methodology
Our industry experts at Infiniti carried out extensive primary research comprising of interviews and discussions with leading hospitals, medical journalists, medical device distributors, consultants, analysts, and doctors. As a part of the secondary research, our experts collated information from proprietary databases such as company publications, annual reports, media platforms, news aggregators, and executive presentations.
Want to learn more about Infiniti’s research methodology?
Our Solution Helped the Client
- Assess the penetration levels of FFR on PCI cases in Korea
- Identify the potential trends, drivers, and in the FFR market
- Understand the market share of FFR console installation and FFR wires sales in Korea
- Map the prevalence of FFR technology across distribution channels such as hospitals and universities
Benefits of our Integrated Approach
In just 10 weeks, the client saw numerous benefits in terms of analyzing the competitive and supply chain landscape and identifying key market trends, growth drivers, and challenges for FFR devices. Additionally, the recommendations from our market intelligence experts also helped the client gain a holistic overview specific to the usage, market penetration, and estimation of FFR devices.
Here are some of the key points appreciated by our clients
- Dedicated Market Intelligence Portal. A centralized platform for the collection, storing, processing, reporting, and dissemination of information with the specific purpose of assisting the decision-making process and developing actionable insights. This market intelligence portal includes comprehensive information on quantitative and qualitative aspects on target markets, competitors and end-users.
- Collaborative learning. We leveraged experience of our healthcare team and our technical capabilities to enable report-sharing and other collaborative features appreciated by client teams.
- Database Access. Access to a patient database containing information about 60+ medical diseases and conditions, such as patient undergoing treatment, untreated patients, and patients with chronic conditions.
- Interactive Dashboard. Using our market intelligence portal based solution for healthcare professionals, we took a design-first approach to problem-solving and helped break through previously held assertions.
- Value for Money. Infiniti’s dedicated market intelligence team customizes reports to suit business requirements and offers the best insights for every dollar spent.
A must-read market intelligence case study for strategy experts and decision makers looking to analyze market trends for the fractional flow reserve market.