Small molecules are classic active substances that make up the majority of drugs on the market today and represent nearly two-thirds of the drug-development pipeline. The pharmaceutical industry heavily relies on small molecules drugs to address the growing medical needs of the people. Although the market is slowly moving toward the adoption of large-molecule therapeutics, small-molecule drugs constitute an essential and highly effective component of the bio/pharmaceutical portfolio. Small molecules have several advantages – small amounts of API required, easy to formulate into orally delivered dose forms, and simpler and less expensive clinical trials.
The market for small molecules is witnessing fast-paced growth; however, rising customer expectations, stringent FDA regulations, and the presence of counterfeit products are the prominent factors hindering the growth of the market. Infiniti’s market research experts have a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical industry that helps them provide strategic insights to the client in terms of market analysis and competitive landscape.
The Business Challenge
With the aim to explore future market potential, a laboratory equipment manufacturer based out of the US wanted to understand the growth inhibitors and the symptoms of these challenges as faced by the customers regarding current offerings within the pharmaceutical small molecule market. Understanding the challenges will help the client make informed decisions to drive next generation of products.
Our Research Methodology
Our experienced team of market assessment experts carried out semi-structured telephonic interviews with laboratory managers, lab analysts, and scientists followed by data analysis and insight development. Also, to derive better insights into the market landscape, our team of analysts developed a robust questionnaire to cover the key research areas and collated the information from external sources including company publications, case studies, journals/magazines, news aggregators, and industry forums.
Want to learn more about Infiniti’s research methodology?
Our Solutions Helped the Client:
- Obtain up-to-date information based on the voice of the customer
- Identify the target respondents and develop a comprehensive database
- Get a detailed understanding on the upcoming technology offerings
Benefits of Our Integrated Approach
Infiniti’s market assessment team analyzed the overall market landscape including customers, key competitors, their products, regulatory timelines, and technologies employed. These valuable insights helped the client make strategic business decisions and benefit in terms of the revenue impact and analytics turnaround time.
Some of the key points appreciated by our clients
- Dedicated Market Assessment. A centralized platform for the collection, storing, processing, reporting, and dissemination of information with the specific purpose of assisting the decision-making process and developing actionable insights. This portal includes comprehensive information on quantitative and qualitative aspects on target markets, competitors and end-users.
- Collaborative Learning. We leveraged the experience of our healthcare team and our technical capabilities to enable report-sharing and other collaborative features appreciated by client teams.
- Interactive Dashboard. Using our portal-based solution for healthcare professionals, we took a design-first approach to problem-solving and helped break through previously held assertions.
- Value for Money. Infiniti’s dedicated client management team customizes reports to suit business requirements and offers the best insights for every dollar spent.