The recent market intelligence study by Infiniti Research on the competitive landscape for ball and roller bearings used in the power and transmission units of railway vehicles provides actionable insights on the technological advances and product innovations in the locomotive sector.
Tracking the recent developments in the locomotive sector
The drive towards manufacturing efficient high-speed trains has encouraged vendors in the market to develop innovative technology, resulting in the development of durable insulated bearings. The number of locomotives, electric multiple units (EMUs), Diesel Electric Multiple Units (DMUs), and Diesel–Electric Multiple Unit (DEMUs) manufactured was about 1,584 units in North America and 4,9561 units in Europe during 2015. The market intelligence study estimate the consumption of bearings in North America and Europe to be around one million in 2015; roller bearings had a much higher demand as compared to ball bearings.
The market intelligence assessment further notes that hybrid bearings, which are made of ceramic material, have taken precedence over insulated bearings, as hybrid bearings have a much longer operating life compared to other bearings. The study also assists balls and roller bearings manufacturers to venture into new markets and develop effective growth strategies by apprehending consumer preferences and technological advancements.
Key technological developments
The vendors are introducing different types of bearings used in traction motors, gear boxes, and reductors in locomotives EMUs, DMUs, and DEMUs vehicles to attract more consumers. The increasing focus on cost-effective, feasible, and environmentally-friendly products will encourage suppliers to invest in research and development of new machineries. The introduction of lightweight bearings will enhance the product quality by reducing energy consumption and friction during operations.
Power and transmission units in railway vehicles
Balls and bearings form an integral part of the power and transmission units of railway vehicles. Understanding the level of permanent magnet traction motor usage in the field of diesel locomotives and diesel multi units will enable the consumers to use the best products available in the market. The introduction of new products will help revolutionize the locomotive industry.
Solutions and recommendations
The market intelligence team at Infiniti Research offers a comprehensive breakdown for ball and roller bearings in the power and transmission units of railway vehicles and its growth prospects over the next few years. Some of the solutions offered include:
- Develop an analytical framework, create data points repository, and identify key market stakeholders and business executives for primary research
- Design data modeling and scenario testing methodologies to address the challenges and understand the market landscape of ball and roller bearings
- Provide a competitor overview and the type of ball and roller bearings used in the power and transmission units of railway vehicles within the target regions
- Offer insights on market analysis, market trends, technological advancements, and the top manufacturers in the market
- Analyze the latest designs and technological developments in the market space
Read our comprehensive case study on how we helped a leading manufacturer assess the competitive landscape for ball and roller bearings used in the power and transmission units of railway vehicles
Other case studies you might be interested in:
- Market Intelligence Study Helps a Leading Chemical Manufacturer Analyze Market Trends for Fractional Flow Reserve
- Competitive Intelligence Study Helps a Leading Recruitment Advertising Agency Assess its Client’s Competitor Landscape
- Infiniti Helps a Leading Ingredients Solutions Company Create an Effective Employee Value Proposition (EVP) Strategy Through Market Intelligence Solutions
For any queries, reach us at – email@example.com