Competitive Intelligence Study on the Global Gaming Virtual Goods Market
Selling virtual goods for online games, services in social networking, and other websites have become one of the leading revenue models in the global gaming industry. Over the years, mobile gaming and emerging VR technologies have significantly transformed the gaming market. The availability of various gaming platforms and influx of gaming app developers have propelled […]READ MORE >>
Selling virtual goods for online games, services in social networking, and other websites have become one of the leading revenue models in the global gaming industry. Over the years, mobile gaming and emerging VR technologies have significantly transformed the gaming market. The availability of various gaming platforms and influx of gaming app developers have propelled the growth of the global gaming market.
Virtual goods are non-physical objects that are bought and exchanged on the Internet represented by pictures, animations or three-dimensional objects, social networking sites and games. These are purchased by online gamers to advance further in the game. Virtual goods in the gaming market have played a crucial role in designing business models for online engagement; for instance, Facebook took the virtual goods market by storm by introducing a virtual currency.
Despite the negative aspects of online gaming, gamers have emphasized interest in buying virtual items and gaming more often. The app store has been posing a threat to the virtual goods market by ruling the distribution channel. This is one of the major challenges that the developers face, especially those who want to sell virtual goods through their apps.
Infiniti’s competitive intelligence assessment offers actionable insights into the global gaming virtual goods market. The team examines the industry chain analysis for players who buy and sell their game accounts and players who trade in gold, which is virtual money in the game. Our detailed insights are specific to the market growth drivers and trends for the gaming virtual goods market.
The Business Challenge
A leading online game developer and operator approached Infiniti for an understanding of the competitive landscape of the gaming virtual goods market. The scope of this study was to provide a detailed analysis of the players who buy and sell their game accounts. Additionally, the assessment also focused on the players who buy and sell virtual goods outside the game with real money and those who trade in gold.
The primary objective of this competitive intelligence assessment was to offer the client a holistic overview of the global gaming virtual goods market for the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions.
Our Research Methodology
Our analysts followed a blended approach consisting of in-depth and exhaustive research methodologies for this assignment. An experienced project management team with considerable expertise in developing, executing, and analyzing gaming, entertainment, information technology (IT), and allied industries research studies was deployed. The team utilized our existing database of business executives, paid databases, and market research reports/webinars/podcasts to arrive at a data analytical framework. A list of leading market players with complete company profile and quantitative data was shared with the client. The combination of qualitative and quantitative interviewing approaches offered the client ground level insights from the key stakeholders and business executives.
Why Infiniti Research is the preferred partner for more than 55 Fortune 500 Companies
Solutions Offered and Business Impact
With an aim to analyze the current scenario of the global gaming virtual goods market, Infiniti’s market research team performed a detailed market and competitive intelligence assessment covering various influential factors for market growth, latest market trends, and payment channel analysis. The quantitative assessment provided insights and a complete overview of the current and future market scenario in the target countries.
Benefits of Our Integrated Approach
In just a few weeks, the client saw clear advantages from this market intelligence engagement. The research team assessed the competitors’ business overview, their business model, market share and size, and goods trading volume (per day/week). Our market research team assisted the client in understanding the segmentation in the gaming virtual goods market, along with market size, forecast, and industry chain analysis. For this assessment, we used a number of strategic analytical tools (used by leading management consulting firms) to develop a robust and defendable prototype market sizing model.
Here are some of the key points appreciated by our clients
- Dedicated Competitive Intelligence Assessment Portal. A centralized platform for the collection, storing, processing, reporting, and dissemination of information with the specific purpose of assisting the decision-making process and developing actionable insights. This portal includes comprehensive information on quantitative and qualitative aspects on target markets, competitors and end-users.
- Collaborative learning. We leveraged the experience of our research team and our technical capabilities to enable report-sharing and other collaborative features appreciated by client teams.
- Database Access. Access to a patient database containing information about 60+ medical diseases and conditions, such as patients undergoing treatment, untreated patients, and patients with chronic conditions.
- Interactive Dashboard. Using our portal based solution for healthcare professionals, we took a design-first approach to problem-solving and helped break through previously held assertions.
- Value for Money. Infiniti’s dedicated client management team customizes reports to suit business requirements and offers the best insights for every dollar spent.
A must-read competitive intelligence study for strategy experts and decision makers looking to obtain effective insights on the current global gaming virtual goods market.
- Consumer Research Assessment Helps a Leading Integrated Information Technology Company Assess the Millennial Customer Segment and Their Buying Preferences for Automobiles
- Infiniti’s Market Assessment Assists a Leading Biotechnology Product Development Company Create a Comprehensive Hiring Plan
- Infiniti Helps a Leading Ingredients Solutions Company Create an Effective Employee Value Proposition (EVP) Strategy Through Market Intelligence Solutions